5/20/11

Wasting time before the apocalypse



This is one of the few days in over a year where I don't have to go to work or school, or do really anything else at all.  I got to spend the entire day alone in my apartment.  Before you think to yourself "Oh, how sad,” just remember that I haven't had a day to myself in a very very long time. 


                                      
I thought since the apocalypse is supposed to be tomorrow (snicker) that I would dedicate the week to post-apocalyptic TV shows and movies to get prepared for when I am left behind.  So far I have watched the entire Jericho series (wish I knew that was on the air before it got canceled), I've watched a couple episodes of Galactica (meh), and of course a few zombie flicks such as Dawn of the Dead (the good version from the 70's) and 28 Days Later, as well as The Last Man on Earth starring Vincent Price (which is based on the same book [I am Legend] which was the inspiration for Omega Man with Charlton Heston, and I am Legend with Will Smith). I tried to time Netflix so I would get to watch the original left behind movie, but I thought of it too late and it is still in my queue while I have Big Love and Black Swan sitting on my coffee table. Too bad...some right wing Christian inspired movie about the rapture and those that don't make it into heaven right away would have been the perfect movie choice for today...this will require better planning for next time...2012 apocalypse viewing party!

I will continue to enjoy my lazy day where I order dinner rather than making it myself.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...